Getting Started with the Uno Platform
- Universal Windows Platform workload installed
- Mobile development with .NET (Xamarin) workload installed
- the iOS Remote Simulator installed (for iOS development)
- A working Mac with Visual Studio for Mac, XCode 8.2 or later installed (for iOS development)
- Google's Android x86 emulators or a physical Android device (for Android development)
- ASP.NET and web workload installed, along with .NET Core 2.2 (for WASM development)
Create an application from the solution template
To easily create a multi-platform application:
- Install the Uno Solution Template Visual Studio Extension
- Create a new C# solution using the Cross-Platform App (Uno Platform) template, from Visual Studio's Start Page:
- Update to the latest nuget package named
Uno.UI, make sure to check the
- To debug the iOS head, select the
- To debug the Android head, select the
- To debug the UWP head, select the
- To run the WebAssembly (Wasm) head, select IIS Express and press Ctrl+F5 or choose 'Start without debugging' from the menu. Note that F5 will not work because Visual Studio debugging isn't supported. See here for debugging instructions through Chrome.
Enabling XAML Intellisense
Intellisense is supported in XAML when the UWP head is active:
If XAML Intellisense isn't working on a freshly-created project, try the following steps:
- Build the UWP head.
- Close all XAML documents.
- Close and reopen Visual Studio.
- Reopen XAML documents.
Creating an app with Uno - tutorial
See the Creating an App tutorial for a step-by-step guide to creating a working app with Uno.
For code samples, check out the Uno Gallery and Playground repository.
The Uno Platform promotes a 'UWP-first' development approach. Microsoft's documentation on the UWP framework is an essential resource.
If you're not sure how to do something with Uno, and you think others could benefit from the knowledge, you can post the question on StackOverflow using the 'uno-platform' tag. Remember to check if the question already exists and follow StackOverflow's question guidelines. You'll also need to sign up to StackOverflow if you're not already.
If you think you've encountered a bug (eg, something works on UWP but not on another platform), create an issue on GitHub if there's no existing issue. We hate bugs, but we love bug reports!
If you have any questions for the Uno Platform team directly, visit our Gitter channel.