LibVLCSharp adds support for Uno (via @mitermite and @martz)
LibVLCSharp is a cross-platform audio and video API for .NET platforms based on VideoLAN’s LibVLC Library. It provides a comprehensive multimedia API that can be used across mobile, server and desktop to render video and output audio as well as encode and stream.
Most things you can achieve with the regular VLC desktop app, you can also achieve using libvlc. Some of the features now available to Uno developers include:
- Playing all formats
- Network browsing for distant filesystems (SMB, FTP, SFTP, NFS…)
- HDMI pass-through for Audio HD codecs, like E-AC3, TrueHD or DTS-HD
- Stream to distant renderers, like Chromecast
- 360 video and 3D audio playback with viewpoint change
- Support for Ambisonics audio and more than 8 audio channels
- Subtitles size modification live
- Hardware and software decoding on all platforms
- DVD playback and menu navigation
- Equalizer support
Windows.Devices.Lights.Lamp API now in Uno Platform (@mzikmunddev)
The tireless Martin Zikmund has added support for Windows.Devices.Lights.Lamp Uno Platform. Even if you are not building a camera app, you may want to utilize the camera’s flashlight. In UWP, you can do so with the Windows.Devices.Lights.Lamp API. Supported on Android and iOS you can easily toggle the flashlight any time you want in cross-platform manner. Note that WASM is not yet supported, as there is currently no standardized and well supported way to control the flashlight through the browser.
See more at https://github.com/unoplatform/uno/pull/2018