It was a busy week with 3 full days of .NET Conf – the exciting launch of .NET 6 and Visual Studio 2022. The scalability, reliability, and performance of Visual Studio 2022 have all been significantly improved. On our side the first tests of Uno Platform on .NET 6 RTM are showing great performance improvements on Visual Studio 2022 across several fronts, including Android and WebAssembly. More on this at our UnoConf….
Uno Platform 3.11 release ships 160+ features and bug fixes and adds support for .NET 6 RTM with all related improvements.
As Microsoft had announced the delay for .NET 6 support for Android and iOS, we’ve re-introduced Xamarin-based templates for Visual Studio 2022. Additionally, the support for preview .NET 6 Android and iOS has now been moved to 17.1 Preview 1.
In Visual Studio 2022, you’ll find now two templates:
- One named Multi-Platform App (UnoPlatform|xamarin), which uses the existing stable Xamarin “Classic”. It is the same as found when using Visual Studio 2019.
- One named Multi-Platform App (UnoPlatform|net6), which uses the .NET 6 preview support for iOS, Android, macOS and Catalyst and requires Visual Studio 17.1 preview 1.
To use this new release, you can setup your environment with Uno.Check 1.0.2 for Windows, macOS and Linux, which you can install as follows:
dotnet tool install -g uno.check
Summary of the 3.11 features:
- Support for Visual Studio 2022 and .NET 6 RTM
- Drag and drop preview element support on iOS and Android
- Support IncrementNumberRounder, SignificantDigitsNumberRounder and NumeralSystemTranslator for Arab Numeral System (Thanks @MohammadHadi2031)
- Native pointer captures for GTK
- FileSavePicker for Gtk
- Support for RadioMenuFlyoutItem
- Support for GetPeerRadioAsync (Thanks @pkar70)
As always, thanks to our contributors:
- @pjgpetecodes for a Raspberry Pi tutorial
- @thomasclaudiushuber, @xperiandri for documentation updates
- @MohammadHadi2031 for the SignificantDigitsNumberRoundersuport
- Support for GetPeerRadioAsync (@pkar70)
- @Jadhielv for dotnet new templates updates
- @trungnt2910 for UIElement clipping updates
- @workgroupengineering for Hot Reload performance updates
The full release notes for this release are available on GitHub.
To upgrade to the latest release of Uno Platform, please update your packages to 3.11 via your Visual Studio NuGet package manager! If you are new to Uno Platform, the best way to get started is to follow our official getting started guide. (5 min to complete)
Uno Platform’s Developer Conference – UnoConf – is back this November 30th. UnoConf 2021 is where we usually announce major new advancements to the platform and we assure we won’t let you down this year either. Come hear the latest in multi-platform application development for Desktop, Web and Mobile.
Join us online for a collection of talks featuring experts using Uno Platform in production and regular contributors to our OSS project in keynotes, roadmap sessions, and speaker presentations.
Join us online at unoconf.com November 30th from 12 – 3pm EST